BGS pupils and teachers are proud to aim high and have high expectations.
To challenge and inspire pupils to work hard, aim high and achieve and to provide an excellent learning environment where each pupil values academic success and where achievement is celebrated by all.
To foster intellectual curiosity and generosity of spirit, self-belief, confidence, a sense of responsibility and a caring and tolerant outlook.
To encourage all pupils to participate in a wide range of activities, developing an all-round approach to their education and a life-long love of learning.
To support parents in raising well-rounded, ambitious and happy children who play a positive role in society, develop a sense of duty and service and are well prepared for lives in an ever-changing world.
1. Develop a distinctive BGS curriculum which provides breadth alongside academic challenge
2. Bring our Sixth Forms formally together by September 2018
3. Continue to strengthen academic provision across all areas of BGS, in line with our ambition to be the school of first choice for parents in the area
4. Enhance our Pre-School provision
5. Improve and strengthen communication with current and prospective parents
6. Maintain, recruit, nurture and develop a first class teaching and support staff
7. Develop IT provision to enable BGS to be at the cutting edge in the use of technology
8. Continue to strengthen pastoral provision
9. Continue to broaden the outstanding range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer at BGS
10. Continue to improve our excellent facilities